March 18, 2005
The Jesus I Never Knew by Yancey, PhilipFiled under: Spirituality | Buy on Amazon
I find myself commiserating with Yancey; despite being raised in the church and attending a Christian college, and now even working for a Christian organization, I feel like I have little understanding of Jesus.
Who is this guy? When you read the gospels he surprises you on every page. Yancey examines Jesus in a fresh and both reassuring and upsetting manner. Reassuring because Jesus was frustrated with the same legalism that infuriates me. Upsetting because Jesus also doesn't care for my own pious attitude. It's a book that satisfies my own cynical urges. I suggest you read it with a pen in hand.
- Wild Seed by Bulter, Octavia E.
- Starship Trooper by Heinlein, Robert
- Xenocide by Card, Orson Scott
- Speaker for the Dead by Card, Orson Scott
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Clarke, Arthur C.
TrackBack URL for this entry: