March 17, 2005
Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Hornbacher, MaryaFiled under: Memoir | Buy on Amazon
A difficult book about one women's struggle with eating disorders.
She starts with her earliest memories, and by 9 years old she's bulimic. By the time she's 18 she finally hits rock bottom, weighing 52 pounds and given one week to live.
Interesting insights into the mind of an adolescent girl, and plenty of good reminders that the academics and professionals aren't always so professional. Everything you thought you knew about eating disorders isn't always true.
- Wild Seed by Bulter, Octavia E.
- Starship Trooper by Heinlein, Robert
- Xenocide by Card, Orson Scott
- Speaker for the Dead by Card, Orson Scott
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Clarke, Arthur C.
TrackBack URL for this entry: