May 12, 2005
Star Wars: Revenge of the Commercial(Filed under: Commercials)
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith opens next week and the marketing tie-ins are everywhere:
- We've mentioned Yoda and his Diet Pepsi before, but here it is again.
- Then Chewbacca records ringtones for Cingular.
- Next Darth Vader gets the M&Ms to join the dark side and introduces dark chocolate M&Ms. Get it? Whoo, they're clever.
- In a U.K. commercial Darth Vader is mocked by the Orange Film Funding Board.
- In another UK spot a can of Pringles turns into a lightsaber and Chewbacca breaks it. I think.
- Then Darth Vader has to take it outside aftering dueling with a kid weilding a light-up saberspoon from Kellogg's.
- And in case you didn't get the message, George Lucas himself shows up in an episode of The O.C.. Lucas and O.C. creator Josh Schwartz talk about the appearance.
And if all those special Star Wars commercial tie-ins are too much, the Organic Trade Association wants to promote organic foods with their Store Wars spoof starring Cuke Skywalker and Darth Tader.
Posted by kevin at May 12, 2005 1:42 PM
- Closing Credits Song for the Movie Taken
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Trailer
- Someone Tell Sam Jackson He's My Bro
- Othercott DaVinci
- Original Star Wars Coming to DVD
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Star Wars: Revenge of the Commercial:
» Reflections on Star Wars from thoughts
Tonight I'll be seeing the final chapter of the Star Wars saga. I've been reading about it and writing about it for weeks and weeks and weeks, and then some more and more until we're done. Whew. My complaints about... [Read More]
Tracked on May 20, 2005 2:52 PM